Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Living while dying!!

Hello!!
I took two days off to think! And after I had thought a great deal I made the decision to simply get on with the wild business of living and let the dying bit take care of itself! Does that make sense? Well it does to me. I am now prepared for the pearly gates, the pink funeral, jazz music, fiesta etc so no one needs to discuss that with me ever again and I now have to focus on life, big time!
So yesterday I spent the morning at the fabulous kids home I helped to build here in Cusco and if anyone wishes to check it out then our magical website is www.mantay.org. It is a truly inspirational place run by my friend Raquel who I teasingly call the Mother Teresa of Cusco. The home is for young mothers, mothers between the ages of 13 and 17, all of whom have been raped and have a child. Believe me, listening to their stories at times is utterly heart wrenching but these young mothers have taught me so much over the years so if anyone is interested in helping us further then please just get in touch.
And instead of a death fact today I am going to share with you five regrets of the dying which was sent to be by my wild friend Fiona on a tag on Facebook. It is a miracle I learnt how to find it and read so take a look at this and ponder for for yourself. The five regrets are....


1. I wish I´d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn´t work so hard.
3. I wish I´d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.


These came from a website called Top five regrets of the dying so please check it out if you like as it is rather beautiful. But I feel these comments are so important even if you are not dying. Have a think about them. 
I know I wish I had let myself be more happy during my time down here so I am big time practising now as I have just been to the dentist and need root canal treatment. I am the biggest coward ever and I am so tired of being challenged but I am determined to deal with this with very little drama, the minimum of pain and the maximum of bravery. I shall let you know how I get on!!
So, for a photo. Jack as a Domestic Goddess with our cup cakes that disappeared in the altitude!!
Oh forgot to add that the five tips ended with this....
Life is a choice.
It is your life.
Choose consciously.
Choose wisely.
Choose honestly.
Choose happiness.


Choose to follow your bliss!! That´s my suggestion and now go and have a large drink as this is getting a little too heavy. I shall have a bloody mary.
Oh and the more you see life in pink the more fun it is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment